Seven dead from hand sanitiser consumption.

People tend to say that alcohol can make you do some crazy shit and I for one never truly believed it. That is until now.

According to Metro, during a party at Tomtor village in the district of Tattinsky, Yakutia in Russia; a group of unfortunate people faced a dilemma when their alcohol ran out. Instead of ending the night and heading home, they chose to drink hand sanitiser as a substitute which had a concentration of 69% methanol.

Over three days they were admitted, from November 19 to November 21, the victims slowly succumbed to methanol poisoning and passed away. Apart from the seven victims, two more individuals had drunk the hand sanitiser as well and were last reported to be in the intensive care unit.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: